Fall HVAC Maintenance in Freeport and Sterling, IL, and Monroe, WI
As the cold weather sets in and winter just around the corner, now is the time to schedule your fall HVAC to ensure that it’s ready for the months ahead. Preventative maintenance aids in the life expectancy of your equipment and may alleviate an expensive mid-winter equipment failure.
Tips to Keep Your Furnace Running All Winter Long
- Seal Up Drafty Spots in Your Home. If you can identify and seal up areas of your home where air leaks in before the cold weather arrives, your system won’t have to work as hard and allow it to function better when it counts.
- Replace Your Air Filters. When the air filters in your unit is dirty, it prevents air from flowing through as effectively. It’s ideal to change your filters at each change of season, whether or not there’s a lot of build up on the filter or not, to ensure a clear flow of clean air being circulated through your home. This simple tip tremendously aids in the effectiveness of your HVAC system.
- Check Your Vents. Get in the habit of checking your vents on a regular basis or whenever you change your air filter to ensure that nothing is blocking them or spreading additional allergens or dirt through your home due to a dirty vent.
- Program Your Thermostat. While you may have your thermostat on a schedule to accommodate the warmer summer days, now is the time to reprogram your thermostat to accommodate for the warmer temperature in your home. To save money, lower the temperature during the day when no one is at home or invest in a programmable or smart thermostat if you don’t already have one.
- Have a Professional Inspect Your Unit. While the HVAC tips mentioned above are easily DIY-ed, it’s best to leave the technical check to the experienced professional. HVAC units should be professionally inspected twice a year and include checking all essential elements of your system. Loescher HVAC offers professional system Tune & Checks to ensure that your system runs effectively all year long.
- Replace your System, if needed. Upon inspection if your HVAC technician finds extensive repair or if your unit is older than 15 years, you may want to consider replacing your system. Your HVAC company is well versed in the best systems and cost programs available to you as the customer.
LOESCHER HVAC OFFERS PROFESSIONAL HVAC / FURNACE MAINTENANCE SERVICES. OUR TUNE AND CHECK SERVICES INCLUDE…
- Carbon Monoxide – test air flow duct system for dangerous carbon monoxide
- Thermostat – test for proper operation, calibrate and level
- Inspect for combustible material around furnace
- Ignition System – test for safe and proper operation
- Exhaust System – test for proper venting
- Measure Supply/Return temperature differential
- Safety & Control Circuits – test for proper operation
- Inspect and adjust fan belt tension (if applicable)
- Clean existing air filter
- Lubricate and clean blower motor air vents
- Furnace Burner – clean and inspect (brush and vacuum)
- Heat Exchangers – clean and inspect (brush and vacuum)
- Clean furnace exterior
- Gas Pressure – measure and adjust for peak efficiency
- Lubricate all moving parts per manufacturer
- Blower Motor – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Electrical Wiring – inspect and tighten connections
- Combustion Vents – clean and inspect (upper and lower)
- Infrared camera inspection of furnace heat exchanger
- Natural Gas – check for leaks