Signs You May Need Your Sewer Lines Cleared Freeport and Sterling, Illinois and Monroe, Wisconsin
Your sewer line is one of the most essential parts of your home plumbing system as it moves waste away from your home and into the main sewer system in your street. These lines are hidden from sight so, odds are, you don’t think about them too often. However, this is one of the most common overlooked areas of maintenance within our homes until they cause a “flood” of issues to invade our lives from a sewer line clog. Drain lines can become blocked when you dispose of things down the drain or flushing them down the toilet that should actually be disposed of in the trash. (Read our list of things that should never be flushed.) When this happens professionals need to be called to clear the issue.
So how do you know when your home might benefit from a sewer line that needs to be cleaned?
5 signs that your sewer line needs to be cleared.
- Slow drains around your home. One drain around your home that empties slowly can likely be fixed using a plunger or drain cleaner. However, slow drains throughout your home indicate an obstruction in your sewer line. These are obstructions can’t be cleared yourself and require the use of professional tools and seasoned professionals.
- Drain odors. If a foul smell persists in your drains after water has run through them and you hear a gurgling noise in the drain, this is also a sign of a sewer blockage.
- Water backing into the tub or shower after a toilet flushes. One of the many strange signs that your sewer line is blocked is that water will back up into your tub or shower after the flushing of a toilet in your home.
- Frequently overflowing toilets. While it is common for toilets to overflow every-once-in-a-while if this becomes a frequent issue this is a sign that there is a sewer drain issue.
- Using too much liquid drain cleaner. If you find that you are using a lot of drain cleaner solution, that might indicate a larger issue that home products won’t clear.
If you’ve noticed any of these items in your home, it might be a great time to call and schedule one of our skilled technicians to come investigate and see if your sewer line needs to be cleared.